THOMSON-CSF CAPITAL RESTRUCTURING : STRONGER TIES WITH ALCATEL AND REDUCED STATE OWNERSHIP
Paris, July 29, 1999 - Alcatel and Thomson-CSF welcome the decision to strengthen the strategic partnership between the two groups. The decision involves the sale to Alcatel of Thomson-CSF stock currently held by the French State, which will remain Thomson-CSF’s largest single shareholder.
Alcatel and Thomson-CSF have committed to strengthen as quickly as possible this partnership by extending existing industrial and technological links :
- industrial : Alcatel Space, jointly owned by Alcatel and Thomson-CSF, is a world leader in satellite markets with sales of FF 10 billion (Euro 1.5 billion) ;
- technological : the two groups are conducting numerous joint R&D projects in areas such as software and electro-optical and microwave components, and enjoy shared access to a broad portfolio of patents ;
- commercial : the partners provide mutual support in export markets.
Alcatel and Thomson-CSF intend to strengthen the linkages between the two groups while continuing to pursue a policy of European and international alliances in the professional and defense electronics sector.
Contact : press www.alcatel.com
Articles de cet auteur
- Questions écrites des députés au gouvernement
- IPRED II - Lutte contre la contrefaçon : la justice contrefaite
- Brevets logiciels : incompétence et dangerosité du candidat Sarkozy
- Les candidats à la présidentielle et les brevets
- Rapport Levy/Jouyet : un rapport qui entérine la dérive de l’Office européen des brevets